«Naturalization Test Pilot Civics Questions November 30, 2006 Civics (History and Government) Pilot Naturalization Test Questions AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: ...»
111. What did the abolitionists try to end before the Civil War?
112. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
A: She fought for women’s rights.
C: Recent American History
113. Name one war fought in the United States in the 1900s.
A: World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, or Gulf (or Persian Gulf) War
115. The United States fought Japan, Germany, and Italy during which war?
A: World War II
116. What was the main concern of the United States during the Cold War?
A: The spread of communism A: The Soviet Union [USSR and Russia are also acceptable.]
117. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
A: Terrorists attacked The United States.
118. What international organization was established after World War II (WWII) to keep the world at peace?
A: The United Nations
119. What alliance of North America and European countries was created during the Cold War?
A: NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
120. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II?
A: Franklin Roosevelt
121. Which U.S. World War II general later became President?
A: Dwight Eisenhower
122. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?
A: He fought for civil rights.
A: He strove for (worked for, fought for) equality for all Americans.
123. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream for America. What was his dream?
A: Equality for all Americans A: Civil rights for all
124. What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
A: The civil rights movement
125. What is the longest river in the United States?
A: The Mississippi River
126. What ocean is on the west coast of the United States?
A: The Pacific Ocean
127. What country is on the northern border of the United States?
129. Where is the Statue of Liberty?
A: New York Harbor A: Liberty Island [Also acceptable are New Jersey, near New York City, and on the Hudson (River).]
130. What country is on the southern border of the United States?
131. Name one large mountain range in the United States.
A: The Rocky Mountains A: The Appalachians A: The Sierra Nevada A: The Cascades
132. What is the tallest mountain in the United States?
A: Mt. McKinley A: Denali
133. Name one U.S. territory.
A: American Samoa A: The Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands A: Guam A: Puerto Rico A: U.S. Virgin Islands
134. Name the state that is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
135. Name one state that borders Canada.
A: Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, or Washington
136. Name one state that borders on Mexico.
A: Arizona, California, New Mexico, or Texas
137. What is the capital of the U.S.?
A: Washington, D.C.
138. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
A: Because there were 13 original colonies A: Because the stripes represent the original colonies
140. Why does the flag have 50 stars?
A: There is one star for each state.
A: Each star represents a state.
A: There are 50 states.
141. What is the name of the National Anthem?
A: The “Star-Spangled Banner” C: Holidays
142. On the Fourth of July we celebrate independence from what country?
A: Great Britain
143. When do we celebrate Independence Day?
A: July 4